Wednesday 8 January 2014

2013 Favourites: Make Up.

L-R:
Sleek Brown Kit in Dark
Benefit Coralista blusher
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable lip stains
Laura Mercier foundation primer

It is SO hard to narrow favourites from one year down to five products! I am happy with what I have picked though. These are all items that I would re-purchase and ones which I use a lot, and over a continuous period of time too. 

The Brow Kit by Sleek contains a shaping wax (left) and a setting powder (right). I use this in the shade dark. I actually do have naturally quite dark brows so I was tempted to pick up Extra Dark but seriously, these kits are so pigmented! I could probably even use a lighter shade. People do often comment on my eyebrows so that is how I know that this little kit is worth it. It comes with a mini tweezers and also two brushes which I don't use, but that's still convenient! All for under ten euro! I love it.

Nevermind 2013, Coralista by Benefit is possibly my favourite blusher of all time! It is a warm coral-pink colour with some shimmer. This is my 'go to' blush. If I'm ever not sure what I want, this is the little box I will reach for. No other product makes me look so healthy. That is a perfect description! It instantly brightens the face. I think everybody should try this at least once in their lives!

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua is one of most wonderful foundations I have ever used. I find the coverage light to medium, which is exactly what I like. It has a scent - personally I'm not overly enamored with that, but I can see beyond it because this looks amazing on my skin. It lasts for hours and hours and though it is pricey, it's worth it in my opinion. 

If you have been reading my blog, you will be well aware that I cannot get enough of Revlon Just Bitten Kissable lip stains. I can't narrow it down to one shade. I simply like all of them - their formulation, their lasting power, the colour range. Everything! Best lip product I have tried in a long, long time. Now that there are matte versions, you can bet that I will be stocking up on those too!

Lastly, a primer I picked up on a whim in Sephora last summer - Laura Mercier foundation primer. I just have a travel sized version right now because I used up the full sized but I am going to invest in this again. It feels so smooth. I do also really like the primer by Smashbox and I'd say it's somewhat of a joint favourite but I don't own it right now and haven't for a while so Laura Mercier is winning the title.

Other notable mentions go to False Lash Effect mascara by Max Factor, Lasting Perfection concealer by Collection and Maybelline 24 Hour Colour Tattoo cream eye-shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment