Saturday 4 January 2014

2013 Favourites: Skincare.

L-R:
Origins Checks and Balances
Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel
Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub
Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask
La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo

I actually found it ridiculously difficult, narrowing my skincare favourites from 2013 down to only five products because above all else, I am a junkie in this category! It was also kind of hard not to include more products from Origins because I totally fell in love with the brand this year.

First up, we have Checks and Balances face wash by Origins. This is my choice of face wash every morning in the shower. A little goes a long way - you only need the tiniest amount of this to cleanse your entire face and it foams up beautifully. It feels like silk on the skin! It is great for combination skin. I don't find it causes tightness at all but yet, it doesn't exacerbate my already oily t-zone. It has a light menthol scent which I find so refreshing. I already have a back-up bottle of this purchased.

When it comes to removing make up, one cleanser stood out above all else for me and that is Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel. I love both oil and gel based make up removers and in my quest to find the perfect one, I have tried numerous, from No.7 to Botanics to REN. I have finally come to the conclusion that Clarins is the be all and end all. This gel is gentle on the skin, doesn't irritate my eyes and removes every scrap of make up, including stubborn mascara. I think I may be happy to put cleanser experimentation on hold for a while.

Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub is my scrub of choice for a number of reasons. Aside from its terrific exfoliating powers, it smells incredible! Overall I don't love the scent of Soap & Glory offerings but the Sugar Crush line has me obsessed! It is so fresh and tingly! Mmm! It is a thick, grainy scrub and because my skin can get quite dry, especially in the winter, it works really well for me. I don't find it harsh and thoroughly recommend it to anybody who wants super smooth legs! I use it a lot post-wax. 

Ah, need I say any more about Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask?! A mask I have talked a lot about on my blog already, I hope you're not getting bored! If your skin is dehydrated or dry, you need to try this. It is my wonder product! Nothing else makes my skin look and feel as good as this does. True adoration. There is my number one favourite of the year! 

Finally, something I imagine will be in a lot of skincare favourites - La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo. I know some people use this as a moisturiser but my skin is slightly too dry for that. I use it underneath moisturiser as a treatment when my skin is not being on its best behaviour. I find that it really prevents break-outs. If I have a spot or two, I apply this to the area and it really helps to clear them up. This is my fifth tube. I tend to pick them up when La Roche Posay have a special offer at Boots! 

Notable mentions to Origins Nightamins night cream (which smells SO good!), Indeed Labs Hydraluron, L'Oreal Skin Perfection micellar water and Origins Modern Friction exfoliator.

No comments:

Post a Comment