Saturday 8 February 2014

Empties #3.


I always love seeing 'Empties' posts or watching similar videos on YouTube. I like to see the products people actually use up. My post this time is mostly orientated around shower products with only a little bit of make up included.

First up, I have a travel sized Softsoap moisturising body wash in the scent Juicy Pomegranate and Mango. I bought this at Walmart in the US. I was in America for a while last month and my favourite Original Source shower gel ran out towards the end of my trip. I decided to just pick up a mini replacement because I was only there for a day or two longer. I had been planning on using whatever it was and leaving it behind but I adored the smell of this! I wish I could buy Softsoap here in Ireland. So good!

I finished a bottle of L'Oreal Micellar Water. Not much to say about this really. It gently but effectively removes make up and does not sting my eyes at all. I re-purchased this before I had even finished this bottle. It is great.

I am not at all fussy when it comes to shampoo and conditioner. I buy whatever is on offer wherever I am. I bought L'Oreal Elvive for colour treated hair because L'Oreal hair products were half price at the time. I thought they were both fine and I would buy them again if they were on offer but I didn't notice anything special about my hair after use. Just run of the mill as far as shampoo and conditioner go, in my opinion!

Original Source shower gels are my favourite. I should really have two empty bottles in this picture because I finished a mint one while in the States but I didn't feel like lugging it home with me. Above is the lemon one. I really like the zingy scent - super refreshing and great for the morning. These are always on special offer at Boots too so amazing value.

I have an empty travel sized Modern Friction by Origins. I cannot get enough of this facial exfoliator. It leaves my skin feeling unbelievably smooth but it is not really gritty and hard on the skin when you are using it. I have a full-size in my shower already.

I go through La Roche Posay Toleraine Riche so quickly! It is my facial mosituriser of choice during the winter and it is the only thing that stops my skin becoming dry and flaky in places. I only wish that the tube was bigger because I feel like I am constantly re-purchasing it! I am nearly done with the tube I bought after this one already! I like it a lot though.

Yes, three mascaras! Volum'Express The Rocket by Maybelline, Volum'Express The Falsies also by Maybelline and Maybelline Great Lash. I know that the first two mascaras were really hyped in the beauty world but I didn't particularly like them and won't buy them again. I do like Great Lash for a natural, day-time look though and I'll probably grab it when I am back in the US because it is ridiculously cheap there and I feel like it's a nice addition to my collection.

Finally, a powder - Rimmel Clear Complexion in translucent. This powder compact still has product left on half of the pan but for some reason, after I use it a few days in a row, the top of the powder goes hard and when I dust a brush over it, none transfers from the pan to the brush. I am tired of scraping that hard top layer off so I am just going to bin it. Aside from that, good powder and I might buy it again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment