Tuesday 11 February 2014

What Is In My Airplane Beauty Bag?

Lately, (and when I say 'lately' I mean in the last year), I have been taking quite a lot of long-haul flights. Due to this fact, I am pretty happy with what I choose to take in my carry-on bag now and I have a routine which works for me.


On my last long-haul flight which was last month, I had everything inside this cute bag by Ted Baker. I bought it from the Ted Baker website on sale in December. Of course I had all of my liquids inside a clear plastic bag inside and I simply pulled it out for security checks at the airport. The picture does not do this bag justice - it is a beautiful orangey coral colour with a light pink bow and rose gold detailing.


Inside the bag:
Nail file
Carmex lip-balm
Dove deodorant
Origins Checks & Balances face wash
Origins Drink Up Intensive over-night mask
Origins No Puffery cooling eye gel
Soap & Glory Hand Maid hand sanitiser
Soap & Glory One Hell of a Blot powder
Sephora blotting papers
Max Factor False Lash Effect mascara
Collection Lasting Perfection concealer
Urban Decay Naked Skin beauty balm
Rimmel Scandal Eyes eye-liner
Hand bands and clips

My flights have generally been super early in the morning so I've missed out on sleep and therefore feel tired. For this reason, I like to take off my make up and try to catch some Zzz's. Also, my skin feels so gross after 10+ hours of recycled air so I try to keep it as clean as possible.

Firstly, I remove my make up with a wipe. (I carry a packet of wipes in my handbag at all times). I then cleanse my face using Origins Checks & Balances. I smother my skin in Origins Drink Up Intensive over-night mask to try to combat the dehydrating effects of the on-board air conditioning. I keep my lips mositurised using Carmex. 

I may repeat this process again during the flight, depending on how I am feeling.

When it is coming up to time to land, I once again cleanse and apply some Origins No Puffery cooling eye gel around the eye area. This is great for waking me up and making me look more alert. It also feels really good! I moisturise using Weleda Skin Food (this is not pictured because I finished the tube and binned it, oops!). I apply Urban Decay Naked Skin beauty balm (thank you Sephora freebies!) and use Collection Lasting Perfection concealer under my eyes and on any blemishes I may have. Rimmel Scandal Eyes eye-liner also helps to brighten my eyes and I use A LOT of mascara, Max Factor False Lash Effect. To combat shine, I apply Soap & Glory One Hell of a Blot to my t-zone. 

I did actually have a blusher with me in this bag but I've been home for a while now so it has made its way back into my daily routine. I always choose a really bright, high impact blush to bring some colour to my face and perk up my complexion!

A quick spritz of deodorant is great for helping me to freshen up and hand sanitiser is just so important! I have a nail file for any nail emergencies and the hair band and clips are in case I want to get my hair off my face or if it starts to look limp and lifeless, I can simply pop it up into a bun.

I carry a mini toothbrush and toothpaste in a separate pouch in my bag in case anybody is interested. Brushing your teeth just makes me feel more human at the end of a long flight. So that is how I survive these journeys overall!

No comments:

Post a Comment