Sunday 9 February 2014

NOTD: Candy Fox by Topshop.


I know I featured a pink nail varnish in my January Favourites and now my nails are pink again but seriously, I am not a lover of this colour at all. In fact, up until recently I don't think I even owned a pink nail polish. I have been trying to deviate from my usual comfort zone and just experiment a little more. I also figured that I could do a subtle nod to Valentine's Day with these nails!

I will be honest - not liking matte nails one bit! This is the only shade from the Topshop Matte Nails collection I picked up and in all likelihood I will not buy any more. As you can probably tell, I did use a top-coat (Seche Vite) over this because I disliked the matte appearance so much. I don't even know how to describe it - it looked kind of chalky to me and I simply wouldn't have been happy to leave it on my nails like that.

I found the application fine. I applied two coats as I tend to do with any nail colour or brand. After it dried, I thought it looked somewhat streaky and uneven, I'd go so far as to say bumpy (and I had buffed my nails beforehand so it wasn't their texture!). Therefore I wasn't impressed with the formulation and generally I like Topshop nail varnishes.

I guess it is personal preference and I seem to be a lover of a glossy nail than a matte one. Funnily enough, while I was original iffy about the colour, I do really like it and imagine I will use it a lot, just topped with something shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment